Friday, July 16, 2010

Has anyone heard about the Cadillac/Ford/Toshiba sweepstakes?

I had a telephone message that I won something. How do you know if it's legit?

Has anyone heard about the Cadillac/Ford/Toshiba sweepstakes?
Did you enter? If not, it's a scam. And I wouldn't even call back that number -- even if it's an 8xx number -- or you'll probably have a nasty surprise when you get your phone bill.
Reply:I also was called today about this sweepstakes. I haven't found anything on the Internet about it, except your question. I returned the call and did not leave a message. It seemed to be a personal line. I'm not sure why I would have to call a particular person without a company or organization about this. I do fill out those things from time to time, but I don't remember this one. I recommend that you are very careful. I will be.





I did some more research. I found a site www.cadillacsweeps.com. Be careful going there, my spyware software gave me a warning. The site lists the prizes (except the Ford) that I was told about in my message. The "Home" link takes you to the Cadillac website. I called Cadillac and they did not know about this sweepstakes, but the guy also said that it could be an independent sweepstakes that purchased the Cadillac.





I'd hate to miss out on a new, free car but I think this is shaping up to be a scam.

buck teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment