Friday, July 16, 2010

Does anybody know how I could verify the validity of an ePrize/Yahoo Trips/Mastercard sweepstakes winning?

I received an email notification from fulfillment@eprize.com this afternoon and the email stated that I won free airfare from joining a sweepstakes at Yahoo! trip planner in 2006. I do remember joing that sweepstakes but what got me skeptical is the affidavit attached to the email. It was asking for confidential information such as social security number, home address, birth date and phone number. It would be real cool if it was true, but how would I be able to verify? The email did not include any phone numbers of Yahoo! or the Mastercard (prize sponsor). I didn't wanna risk giving my personal information especially now that I've heard a lot of identity theft issues on the news.

Does anybody know how I could verify the validity of an ePrize/Yahoo Trips/Mastercard sweepstakes winning?
call or write yahoo and ask them..I got a snail mail letter from Safeway, telling me I won 100,000 frequent flyer miles and requesting info. for tax purposes. I went to the local Safeway store and it was correct..I won. email, I would be leery,altho you did enter which makes it sound more legitimate.


No comments:

Post a Comment