Sunday, August 22, 2010

National Shopper's Sweepstakes, can I cash check at one of those check cashing places?

see "other" queries about National Shopper's Sweepstakes...

National Shopper's Sweepstakes, can I cash check at one of those check cashing places?
My guess would be that since you kinda know that these checks are fraud that you are asking if you could cash one at a check cashing place so that your bank wouldn't take money out of your account but you would still have the money. I mean, you could do it, but the check cashing place would come after you for the money when the check didn't clear.
Reply:This is a total scam. I received the same thing. I contacted the Credit Union that the cashier's check was from and they have know recorded. I also informed the U.S. Attorney General Office about this scam.


No comments:

Post a Comment